Boynton Health Pharmacy is still here for “U” during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Request COVID-19 OTC Tests to be billed to your insurance here.
- Request a COVID vaccine or bivalent booster appointment here.
- Curbside pickup and mailing are available by request
- Order over-the-counter products and safer sex supplies on-line
Boynton Health Pharmacy staff are dedicated to college health. Did you know...
- We can charge your prescription copays to your student account
- We are the preferred pharmacy for the Student Health Benefit Plan and the only pharmacy where a 90-day supply of medication is covered
- We have access to the Graduate Assistants and UPlan formularies and can help you navigate your benefits
Boynton Pharmacy is Going Green with paperless drug information
No paper? How will I get my drug info?
- Scan the QR Code on your prescription label with your smartphone camera and click the link that pops up.
- If your medication is one that requires FDA-approved information for preventing adverse events to be distributed, click on “Medication Guide”.
- You can watch a video about your medication or read the information sheet typically printed on paper under “Inform Me” by clicking “Patient Education Sheet”.
Please contact us at 612-624-7655 if you’d prefer to continue receiving paper drug information.
Other benefits of our RxLocal app:
- In-app messaging
- Mobile Refills
- Medication Reminders
Fill a Prescription
Services and Products
Emergency Contraception (EC)
Levonorgestrel 1.5 mg (e.g. PlanB or EContra) is available as an over-the-counter (OTC) medication or by prescription. Here are 4 convenient ways to get emergency contraception:
- Purchase over-the-counter at Boynton Health Pharmacy at a competitive price during business hours
- Purchase from the basement vending machine at Coffman Union
- Order discreetly for future use via our OTC Order form
- Talk to a pharmacist about how to get EC filled as a prescription so it can be billed to your health insurance which may cover the cost
Safer Sex Supplies
Boynton Pharmacy distributes safer sex supplies on behalf of Boynton Health Promotion. Students can place an order for no-cost safer sex supplies
Our pharmacists have experience filling gender-affirming hormones and syringes. Your name will be printed on your prescription label (while your legal name will be used for billing and electronic prescription communication with your healthcare provider). Let us know your pronouns so we can address you correctly.
Gender Care OTC Items
- Athletic tape for tucking/binding
- Oil for tape removal
- Hair removal products
- KT Tape
- Acne products
- Sharps containers & alcohol wipes
Binders: one-on-one purchasing consultation services are available. Call and ask for Ryan to schedule an appointment.
Boynton Pharmacy currently administers COVID vaccines and Flu Shots (seasonally).
Request a COVID Vaccine appointment here.
Request a Flu Shot: Call or stop by the pharmacy to check availability.
OTC COVID-19 Tests
Boynton Pharmacy can bill your insurance for OTC COVID-19 tests. Up to 8 tests/month are fully covered by most insurances. Request yours here.
Shop our OTC selection in-store or request an order online 24 hours/day
- Bike headlights, helmets, and LED strips
- Burt's Bees products
- Emergency contraception
- Gender Care products
- Over-the-counter medications
- Safer sex supplies (free to students)
- Sexual Health products
- Shea Moisture Products
- Travel products
- Vitamins and supplements
- Yoga mats and Foam Rollers
Why choose Boynton Pharmacy?
We are dedicated to the University of Minnesota Community and specialize in student health.
We are the preferred pharmacy for the Student Health Benefit Plan and the only pharmacy where a 90-day supply of medication is covered. Starting Fall 2022, you can fill 3 months for 2 copays only at Boynton Pharmacy.
We have access to and are familiar with the Graduate Assistants and UPlan formularies and can help you navigate your benefits.
If your prescription is not covered or has a high copay, our staff will work with you and your provider to find a more affordable option when possible.
Our pharmacists counsel on every new prescription to be sure you understand how to take your medication, what to expect, and provide tips and tricks on how to prevent side effects.
We do what we can to keep our prescription and over-the-counter product prices low to help fit college student budgets.
What do I need to fill my prescription?
- Prescription insurance card
- Government-issued ID for picking up controlled substances
- Form of payment to cover cost of medication or insurance co-payment
How will I know my prescription is ready?
Why should I sign up for the RxLocal app?
In the app, you can order refills, get notified when your prescription is ready, message the pharmacy, set reminders to take your medications and view your list of prescription medications.
Note: You will need an active 7-digit prescription number from Boynton Pharmacy available to register for the patient portal and app.
How can I pay for my prescriptions and over-the-counter items?
Current students can charge their pharmacy orders to their student account.
We accept credit cards and debit cards. Most FSA/HSA cards will work here, but be sure to keep your receipt!
What are my pickup options?
- Pharmacy pickup: stop by after you receive an “Rx Ready” notification.
- Curbside service: call ahead to arrange a curbside pickup if needed for health or parking reasons.
- Mailing: depending on your insurance, we may be able to mail to you within Minnesota and Wisconsin. Call ahead to arrange.
Where should my provider send my prescriptions?
Prescribers can e-prescribe to:
Boynton Health Pharmacy
410 Church St SE N300
Minneapolis, MN 55455
How to place department medication request?
University of Minnesota Department Orders
University of Minnesota departments can order medications from Boynton Pharmacy for research and other needs.
Click here to find out what is needed to place a department order.
Is Medication Therapy Management Available?
How do I dispose of unused medications?
Help protect our water and keep drugs off the street by disposing of your unused or expired medications at Boynton Pharmacy. No questions asked. Disposal box located in Boynton Health's Pharmacy, East Bank Clinic (near main entrance). Please note: liquids, aerosols and sharps are not permitted.
For more medication disposal locations, check the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy website.
Still have questions? Contact us.
Contact us at 612-624-7655. Current patients can message us via the RxLocal app or text us at 763-951-1426. Questions answered during business hours.