Taking Care of U! In-Person and Telehealth
At this time, we are scheduling both in-clinic and video telehealth appointments.
Video Telehealth availability:
North Dakota: Dr. Bruce Anderson
Illinois: Dr. Saghar Shafizadeh
We can see you in-clinic for most appointments, including well-visits, and especially appointments that would otherwise be difficult to conduct via telehealth (eye concerns, ear discomfort, some skin conditions, genital/vaginal concerns).
You can schedule by phone call (612-625-3222).
If your health care concern is urgent, call our nurse line for guidance, 612-625-7900.
Use Our Online Screening Tool Before Entering Boynton Health
Before entering Boynton, everyone must answer screening questions for COVID symptoms by using our online pre-appointment screening tool.
Video Telehealth Appointments
These are online visits with health care providers using secure audio/visual communications (University Health Care Component Zoom). If it is determined during your telehealth appointment that you need to be seen in person, we will direct you to the appropriate care. All mental health appointments are telehealth appointments at this time.
To Schedule Appointment by Phone
East Bank Clinic
Appointments (for all clinics except those listed below) 612-625-3222
Dental Clinic 612-624-9998
Eye Clinic 612-624-2134
Mental Health Clinic 612-624-1444
St. Paul Clinic
To Schedule Appointments Online
At this time, online appointment scheduling is only available for certain types of appointments using the MyBoynton Patient Portal.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
Please bring your insurance card, or a photocopy of both sides of your insurance card and the policy holder/subscriber's name and date of birth.
How much will my visit cost?
It depends on your health insurance and whether you pay the Student Services Fee.
A co-payment at the time of your visit may apply. Any remaining costs for your care may be billed to you at a later time. Amounts vary by insurance plan. Consult your insurance card, or contact your health insurance provider for details.
With some exceptions, students who pay the Student Services Fee receive most services at Boynton at reduced cost. See details about the Student Services Fee.
What can I expect at a Telehealth appointment?
- You can schedule a telehealth appointment either on the MyBoynton Patient Portal or by calling 612-625-3222.
- There are 3 forms you will need to complete before your appointment: the Telehealth Agreement, the Notice of Privacy Practices and the Patient Financial Responsibility form. Go to ‘Forms’ in the MyBoynton Patient Portal to complete.
- On the day of the appointment, you will receive a secure message in your MyBoynton Patient Portal with instructions of what to do prior to your appointment, along with the Zoom link to connect to your appointment with your provider. Be sure you have Zoom installed and working prior to the appointment.
- For Primary Care appointments only, expect to receive a phone call from nursing staff within an hour prior to your appointment. The nursing staff will collect information for your visit prior to the provider. Please answer this call!
- At the time of your appointment, click on your Zoom link provided in the secure message. You will be connected to the Zoom meeting. If you arrive before your provider, you will see a message that the host has not yet started the meeting. Please wait for the provider to arrive. If you are waiting longer than 10 minutes, please call the number in the secure message to let them know you are waiting. (Primary Care/Specialty, Women's Health/Gynecology, Transgender clinics, and Physical Therapy: 612-625-3222; Mental Health: 612-624-1444.)