Academic Health Sciences Information

Welcome Academic Health Sciences students, residents, fellows and interns.

AHS Immunization Requirements

Certain immunization requirements apply to you ONLY if you are a student, resident, fellow, or intern in the Academic Health Sciences (AHS) colleges, schools and centers listed below:

  • School of Dentistry
  • Medical School, including Graduate Medical Education
  • School of Nursing
  • College of Pharmacy
  • School of Public Health - Public Health Nutrition MPH program only
  • College of Veterinary Medicine*
  • Center for Allied Health Programs
  • Speech Language Hearing Sciences (Audiology and Speech Language Pathology)

How to Complete AHS Vaccination Requirement:

*All health sciences students, residents, fellows, or interns in an AHS college, school or center listed above complete the appropriate requirements listed below:

Medical school residents and fellows have additional occupational health, and safety (OHS) immunization requirements.

Detailed information about immunizations for AHS students, residents and fellows is available on the MyBoynton patient portal.

*College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) learners should follow CVM requirements

In addition to the above requirements, all University of Minnesota students must complete the COVID-19 Vaccination or Exemption Reporting Process.

TB Testing for the AHS

Academic Health Sciences (AHS) students, residents, fellows, and interns can schedule an appointment to get tested for tuberculosis (TB) in our immunization clinic.

Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure Procedure

BBPE: Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure (needlestick) Procedure (PDF)

You're Welcome at Boynton

Whether you have a family doctor or haven’t seen one in a while, you are always welcome to come here for your health care:

If you are not sure if you should see a doctor, or which clinic to visit, call our Nurse Line at 612-625-7900. Calls are answered seven days a week, 24 hours a day.

Why You Should Come to Boynton

  • Comprehensive care. We have a wide range of health care services.
  • Student wellness programs for nutrition, stress management, addiction recovery and sexual health.
  • Value. Your health insurance and student services fee cover the cost of your care. Some exceptions apply—for details see billing information.

Transferring Your Medical Records

Having your health history on hand makes it easier for us or your next clinical team to take better care of you. To transfer your medical records to Boynton or from Boynton to your next provider/clinic, complete this health information release form.

Transferring Your Prescription Medications

Transferring your prescriptions makes refilling your medications quick and easy. Find out how at the Boynton pharmacy.

Immunizations, Vaccinations and Registration Holds

Minnesota law requires all college students to follow vaccination requirements. Failing to follow these requirements can result in a registration hold.

See how Boynton can help you clear your registration hold for immunization requirements.

Health Insurance Coverage

Boynton Health requires patients to have health insurance coverage. We accept most insurance plans. Check with your health insurance provider to see if Boynton is in their provider network.

If you do not have health insurance, you can enroll in a student health benefit plan. Contact the Office of Student Health Benefits.

See more information about health insurance.

Absence Notes

Under the University of Minnesota's Make-up Work for Legitimate Absence Policy, Boynton Health does not provide absence notes. The policy explains what you need to do if you miss class or coursework. Learn more about the absence note policy.