Immunization Requirements

The University of Minnesota requires all enrolled students to meet vaccination requirements. All students enrolled online or in person must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or file an exemption. All new students must also complete the non-COVID-19 vaccination requirements by the 6th week of the semester.

How to Complete Your COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:

To avoid or remove registration holds, complete the COVID-19 vaccination requirement found on the MyU portal. For questions regarding the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement, visit the FAQ.

How to Complete Your Non-COVID-19 Related Vaccination Requirement:

To avoid or remove registration holds, complete the following forms:

Please note that this is a one-time submission that all new students are asked to complete.  If this is not your first semester at the University, you have likely already met this requirement and you do not need to complete it again.


Contact our Patient Assistance and Information office: 612-625-8400 option 7.

Locating Your Records

Where to look for your COVID-19 vaccination records to help you complete the University’s COVID-19 Vaccine Form:

  • The white vaccination card you received when your vaccination was administered
  • Contact the healthcare provider, pharmacy or health department that administered your vaccine
  • If you were vaccinated at Boynton, locate your information in your patient portal
  • The Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) can provide you with this information if your vaccination was administered in Minnesota.  Instructions for submitting a record request can be found here.
  • If vaccinated in a state that utilizes the Docket app, which includes Minnesota, you can locate your vaccination records there.

Where to look for your non-COVID-19 records:

  • Your personal or family medical records
  • Your healthcare provider
  • Your high school or previous college

The Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) may be able to locate your records.  Instructions for submitting a record request can be found here.


Getting Vaccinations and Immunization Testing

  • If you cannot locate your records, our immunization clinic can test your immunization status. *At this time, we are unable to test immunity for COVID-19
  • If you need any of the required vaccinations, our immunization clinic can help with that too.
  • Immunization clinic appointments.

Required Vaccinations: All Students

All students are required to complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement.  More information regarding the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination requirement can be located on the Safe Campus Get the Vax page.

Minnesota law* requires all students born after December 31, 1956, enrolled in a Minnesota college or university to be immunized against the following:

  • Diphtheria/Tetanus—Td (dose within the past 10 years)
  • Measles—rubeola, red measles (2 doses after age 12 months)
  • Mumps—(2 doses after age 12 months)
  • Rubella—German measles (2 doses after age 12 months)

* If you graduated from a Minnesota high school after 1996 or attended a Minnesota post-secondary school you are exempt from the above requirements.

If you are exempt and receive a registration hold, fill out this online immunization form above. Call 612-625-8400, option 7 for help.

Academic Health Sciences Requirements

Certain requirements apply to you ONLY if you are a student, resident, fellow, or intern in the Academic Health Sciences (AHS) colleges, schools and centers.

Go to the AHS immunizations requirements.

Recommended Vaccines

Boynton Health recommends that University of Minnesota students be vaccinated for the following: