Boynton Health offers coronavirus (COVID-19) testing.
Who Can Be Tested at Boynton
Coronavirus testing from Boynton is available to Twin Cities students, faculty, and staff. For University employees, testing is limited to those who have selected Boynton Health as their primary care clinic. However, for students, staff, or faculty who are symptomatic or have had an exposure while on campus and feel ill, testing is available at Boynton.
Symptomatic patients—if you have coronavirus symptoms:
- Fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, fatigue, congestion, or loss of taste or smell. Other less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Not everyone with COVID-19 has all of these symptoms, and some people may not have any symptoms.
Asymptomatic patients—if you do not have coronavirus symptoms and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- People who have been in close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19
- Health care staff
Boynton Health is one of many COVID-19 testing site options in the state of Minnesota.
Schedule a COVID Test
To schedule a COVID test, call 612-625-3222, or schedule online using the MyBoynton Patient Portal.
About COVID Testing Appointments
Boynton Health offers COVID-19 testing by appointment only to University of Minnesota Twin Cities students, faculty, and staff. Testing is done within a secured area of the Recreation and Wellness Center (RecWell)—look for the white tent!
Please be aware:
- COVID-19 testing appointments are billed to your insurance as an Urgent Care Nurse visit.
- These appointments are for COVID-19 testing only. If you have other medical needs, or if you have severe symptoms and need to be evaluated by a medical provider, call 612-625-3222.
- Enter at the white tent just west of the main entrance of RecWell and patio area.
- Wear a mask or face covering upon arrival.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Follow COVID-19 testing signs and blue arrows upon arrival.
- Respect 6-feet social distancing from those around you inside the testing area.
- When you are directed to a testing station, clinic staff will swab your nose and/or throat for the test. It will be slightly uncomfortable and may cause some nasal irritation, sneezing, or eye-watering. Rarely, it can cause mild nose bleeding or a gag reflex.
After the Test:
- You must isolate yourself at home until results are known to reduce possible spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- You will be directed to check your MyBoynton Patient Portal in 3-7 days for test results.
- If your result is positive, a clinician will contact you in 2-4 days with more information. We may recommend further testing, or follow-up with your primary provider if you are having symptoms. We are required to share this information with state and local health departments, and they may also contact you to do thorough contact tracing and testing for people with whom you have had contact.
- If you have been exposed and your test is negative, you will need to stay in quarantine until 14 days after exposure, since symptoms can occur between 2-14 days after exposure.