Boynton Health offers COVID-19 testing on campus.
Last updated: 2/18/2021, 4:18 p.m.
Who Can Be Tested at Boynton
COVID-19 testing from Boynton is available to all University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff systemwide.
Within these categories, anyone who wants a test can be tested, regardless of symptoms or exposure.
Online scheduling is available at the MyBoynton portal. If you are unable to log in to the portal please call 612-625-3222.
Testing is especially recommended if:
- You have COVID-19 symptoms
- You have been in close contact with an infected person (within 6ft for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period)
- You have any concerns about a possible exposure to COVID-19
- You work in healthcare
- You need documentation prior to travel
- You are moving back to campus
Schedule a COVID-19 Test
To schedule a COVID-19 test, call 612-625-3222, or schedule online using the MyBoynton Patient Portal.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, the best time to test is at least five days after potential exposure.
About COVID-19 Testing Appointments
Boynton Health offers COVID-19 testing by appointment only to University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff systemwide. Testing is done within a secured area of the Recreation and Wellness Center (RecWell)—look for the white tent!
Please be aware:
- COVID-19 testing appointments are billed to your insurance as an Urgent Care Nurse visit.
- These appointments are for COVID-19 testing only. If you have other medical needs, or if you have severe symptoms and need to be evaluated by a medical provider, call 612-625-3222.
- Do not enter RecWell. Enter the white tent just west of the main entrance of RecWell and patio area.
- Wear a mask or face covering upon arrival.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Follow COVID-19 testing signs and blue arrows upon arrival.
- Respect 6-feet social distancing from those around you inside the testing area.
- When you are directed to a testing station, clinic staff will swab your nose and/or throat for the test. It will be slightly uncomfortable and may cause some nasal irritation, sneezing, or eye-watering. Rarely, it can cause mild nose bleeding or a gag reflex.
After the Test:
- You must isolate yourself at home until results are known to reduce possible spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- You will be directed to check your MyBoynton Patient Portal in 3-7 days for test results.
- If your result is positive, a clinician will contact you in 2-4 days with more information. We may recommend further testing, or follow-up with your primary provider if you are having symptoms. We are required to share this information with state and local health departments, and they may also contact you to do thorough contact tracing and testing for people with whom you have had contact.
- If you have been exposed and your test is negative, you will need to stay in quarantine until 14 days after exposure, since symptoms can occur between 2-14 days after exposure.