The University of Minnesota requires all students to complete the vaccination requirement. Failure to complete the requirement may result in a registration hold on your student account. You must complete this requirement by the 6th week of the semester.
Contact our Patient Assistance and Information office: 612-625-8400 option 7.
Locating Your Records
Where to look for your records:
- Your personal or family medical records
- Your health care provider
- Your high school or previous college
The Minnesota Immunization Information Connection might also be able to help. Contact them by calling 1-800-657-3970.
Getting Vaccinations and Immunization Testing
- If you cannot locate your records, our immunization clinic can test your immunization status.
- If you need any of the required vaccinations, our immunization clinic can help with that too.
- Immunization clinic appointments.
Required Vaccinations: All Students
Minnesota law* requires all students born after December 31, 1956, enrolled in a Minnesota college or university to be immunized against the following:
- Diphtheria/Tetanus—Td (dose within the past 10 years)
- Measles—rubeola, red measles (2 doses after age 12 months)
- Mumps—(2 doses after age 12 months)
- Rubella—German measles (2 doses after age 12 months)
* If you graduated from a Minnesota high school after 1996 or attended a Minnesota post-secondary school you are exempt from the above requirements.
If you are exempt and receive a registration hold, fill out this online immunization form above. Call 612-625-8400, option 7 for help.
Academic Health Center Requirements
Certain requirements apply to you ONLY if you are a student, resident, fellow, or intern in the Academic Health Center (AHC) colleges, schools and centers.
Go to the AHC immunizations requirements.