The University of Minnesota requires all students to complete the vaccination requirement. Failure to complete the requirement may result in a registration hold on your student account. You must complete this requirement by the 6th week of the semester.
Required Vaccinations: All Students
Minnesota law* requires all students born after December 31, 1956, enrolled in a Minnesota college or university to be immunized against the following:
- Diphtheria/Tetanus—Td (dose within the past 10 years)
- Measles—rubeola, red measles (2 doses after age 12 months)
- Mumps—(2 doses after age 12 months)
- Rubella—German measles (2 doses after age 12 months)
* If you graduated from a Minnesota high school after 1996 or attended a Minnesota post-secondary school you are exempt from the above requirements.
If you are exempt and receive a registration hold, fill out this online immunization form. Call 612-625-8400, option 7 for help.
Extra Requirements for Health-sciences
- Extra requirements apply to you ONLY if you are a student, resident, fellow, or intern in the Academic Health Center (AHC) colleges, schools and centers listed below:
- School of Dentistry
- *Medical School, including Graduate Medical Education
- School of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- School of Public Health
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Center for Allied Health Programs
*Medical school residents and fellows have more occupational health, safety, and immunization requirements.
How to Complete Your Vaccination Requirement:
All students EXCEPT AHC students (as listed above) must complete one of the following forms:
All health-sciences students, residents, fellows, or interns in an AHC college, school or center listed above, use the instructions and complete the form below:
Contact our Patient Assistance and Information office: 612-625-8400 option 7.
Locating Your Records
Where to look for your records:
- Your personal or family medical records
- Your health care provider
- Your high school or previous college
The Minnesota Immunization Information Connection might also be able to help. Contact them by calling 1-800-657-3970.
Getting Vaccinations and Immunization Testing
- If you cannot locate your records, our immunization clinic can test your immunization status.
- If you need any of the required vaccinations, our immunization clinic can help with that too.
- Immunization clinic appointments.
TST Testing for AHC Students
Academic Health Center students, residents, fellows, and interns, get tested for tuberculosis (TB) at TST Clinic.