Boynton Pharmacy is still here for “U” during the COVID-19 pandemic and we are taking special measures for your well-being. We currently offer curbside pickup for prescriptions, online ordering of over-the-counter products, and safer sex supplies. We also mail prescriptions. Scroll down for details.
Contact Boynton Pharmacy
East Bank Clinic
Clinic HoursM, T, W, F | 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Th | 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Over the Counter Products
You can purchase over-the-counter (OTC) medicines using our online OTC order form or by calling us, 612-624-7655.
- Refills: call us, or use our RXLOCAL app to order.
- New Rx’s: call us to let us know when you’d like to pick up your new prescription or if we should place it on hold for the future.
- New Patients: call us to set up your patient profile.
- Transfers: we can call your pharmacy and transfer your prescriptions to Boynton. Request prescription transfer online.
Picking Up Prescriptions:
Before you arrive for curbside pickup let us know:
- When you would like to pick up your order.
- How you would like to prepay your order (student account or credit card).
- If someone else is picking up your order.
- If you need any over-the-counter (OTC) items.
When you arrive at the main doors of Boynton:
- Call our main phone number, 612-624-7655, and press option 1 for curbside pickup.
- We will bring out your order for you.
- A picture ID will be required.
- Check your prescriptions before you leave to be sure you received what you are expecting.
Medication Consultations Via Telephone:
If you receive a new or changed prescription and we have not contacted you, please call 612-624-7655 during business hours and ask to speak to a pharmacist for a medication consultation.
Current Phone, Messaging and Pickup Hours:
M, T, W, F | 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Th | 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed Saturday, Sunday and University holidays.
Pharmacy Services and Merchandise
Reorder your medication 24 hours a day via the RXLOCAL app or by calling 612-624-7655.
Please have your 7-digit prescription number available.
To transfer your prescription to Boynton, fill out our online transfer request form.
Please allow at least 24 hours for transfers.
- Allergy relief products
- Bike headlights, helmets, locks and vests
- Burt's Bees products
- Cough and cold products
- Dental products
- Emergency contraception
- Eye and ear care products
- First Aid products
- Personal hygiene products
- Safer sex supplies (free to students)
- Shea Moisture Products
- Skin care products
- Smoking cessation products
- Travel products
- Yoga mats
Use the RxLocal patient portal to order prescription refills or view your list of prescription medications from your computer.
Download Boynton Pharmacy's Mobile App
Search for RxLocal in the App Store or Google Play. Order refills, get notified when your prescription is ready, set reminders to take your medications and view your list of prescription medications.
You must have an active 7-digit prescription number available to register for the patient portal and app.
This UPlan Wellbeing Program activity is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Learn about Medication Therapy Management.
University of Minnesota departments can order medications from Boynton Pharmacy.
Please call Boynton Pharmacy regarding the current drug disposal process during COVID-19.
Help protect our water and keep drugs off the street by disposing of your unused or expired medications at Boynton Pharmacy. No questions asked. Box located in Boynton Pharmacy, East Bank Clinic (near main entrance).
For more medication disposal locations, check the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy website.
EContra One-Step (generic Plan B) is available as an over-the-counter medication or with a prescription. When billed to your health insurance, the cost may be lower or completely covered. Ask a pharmacist for details.
Call our Nurse Line at 612-625-7900 if you do not know what type of clinic you need. Calls answered 24/7.
- Prescription insurance card
- U Card or other current form of photo ID
- Form of payment to cover cost of medication or insurance co-payment
The Student Services Fee does not cover medications. Boynton Pharmacy accepts most credit cards, cash, personal checks and charges to your student account as payment. The pharmacy will also bill most insurance plans.
Patients should check with their individual health plans for coverage details.
Still have questions?
Questions about costs?