To protect you as well as our pharmacy staff during this pandemic, we are implementing major changes at Boynton Pharmacy. This is an ever-changing situation, scroll down for details.
Contact Boynton Pharmacy
East Bank Clinic
Clinic HoursM, T, W, F | 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Th | 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Changes at Boynton Pharmacy - Updated 3/23/20
We are implementing "curbside pickup" at Boynton Pharmacy effective immediately.
What these changes mean for you
Please use our RXLOCAL app for communication if possible to prevent our phones from getting tied up. See below for details about our app.
If you are not currently set up for "Rx Ready" notifications (via app, text and/or email), please ask.
Prescriptions must be pre-paid before arriving. Please message or call us about billing your Student Account (if applicable) or call us to charge your credit card.
All medications are currently being allocated from our wholesaler. Please plan ahead. Prescriptions may not be able to be filled on the same day as requested.
RXLOCAL APP Info:
To get our app, text RXLOCAL to 64890 or search for RXLOCAL in your app store. You'll need the first seven digits of your Boynton prescription number to register. You will be able to use the app to request refills, get notifications that your prescription is ready, see your prescription profile, let us know you are outside the pharmacy to pick up your medications, etc. Be sure to choose to "allow notifications".
- Refills: order through our app or phone system (612-624-7655, option 1, option 1)
- New prescriptions: request them to be filled (and give us an estimated pick up time) by messaging us through the app or calling (612-624-7655, option 1, option 0)
- Be sure to let us know when you'd like to pick up your prescription(s) and how you'd like to pre-pay. You may message us via the app to request billing your student account. Please call us (612-624-7655, option 1, option 1) if you'd prefer us to bill a credit card.
- If someone else is picking up your prescription, we will need to know who.
- A picture ID will be required when picking up prescriptions.
Picking up prescriptions:
- Be sure you have set up your payment method and pickup time before heading to the pharmacy.
- When you arrive, message us via the app or call our new dedicated "curbside pickup" number (612-625-0042) to let us know you have arrived. Please let us know your vehicle description or apparel description so we can find you.
- Have your picture ID ready for the pharmacy representative who brings you your prescription.
- Remember to check your prescriptions before you leave to be sure you received what you expected. Message us or call us immediately if there is an issue.
- We are not currently doing medication consults in person. When you receive a new or changed prescription, please call 612-624-7655 (option 1, then option 0 and ask to speak to a pharmacist for a medication consultation) during business hours.
We have limited quantities of certain over-the-counter medications. Please call if there is something you need and we will try to help you out if possible using the same "curb-side" pick-up procedures as for prescriptions.
We do not currently have rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, masks or thermometers.
We can only mail to patients in Minnesota. Check back in the future to see if this changes.
- Please request mailing via our app (or by calling) and be sure to verify your mailing address & confirm billing (can we charge your student account or should we call you for a credit card number?)
- Plan ahead: The mailing process will take longer than usual due to the current high volume of mailing and other factors out of our control.
Are you out of state and on the Student Health Benefit Plan?
The Office of Student Health Benefits (OSHB) is working on options for filling prescriptions at your local pharmacy.
Please check the OSHB website for latest updates. If you have specific questions, you can email OSHB at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call 612-624-7655 (option 1, option 0) to talk to a pharmacy staff member who can set up your patient profile, take your insurance information, set you up for notifications and start the process of filling your medication(s). After picking up your first prescription, you will be able to register for our app.
To Contact Boynton Pharmacy
- RXLOCAL app (two-way HIPAA-compliant messaging). Messages answered during business hours.
- 612-624-7655 (option 1, option 0 to speak to pharmacy staff).
- Curbside pickup arrival phone number: 612-625-0042. Only answered during pickup hours.
Reminder: our phone lines may get tied up, so please use our app whenever possible for communication.
Current Phone and Pick-up Hours for Boynton Pharmacy:
M, T, W, F | 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Th | 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed Saturday, Sunday and University holidays.
Hours are subject to change if necessary in the future.
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. The Boynton Pharmacy Staff
Pharmacy Services and Merchandise
Reorder your medication 24 hours a day by calling 612-624-7655.
Please have your prescription number available to access our automated refill line.
To transfer your prescription to Boynton, call 612-624-7655 with your name, birth date, student ID (if applicable), prescription number and the name and phone number of the pharmacy from which you are transferring the prescription. Please allow at least 24 hours for transfers.
- Allergy relief products
- Bike headlights, helmets, locks and vests
- Burt's Bees products
- Cough and cold products
- Dental products
- Emergency contraception
- Eye and ear care products
- First Aid products
- Personal hygiene products
- Safer sex supplies (free to students)
- Skin care products
- Smoking cessation products
- Travel products
- Yoga mats
Use the RxLocal patient portal to order prescription refills or view your list of prescription medications.
Download Boynton Pharmacy's Mobile App
Search for RxLocal on the App Store or Google Play. Order refills, get notified when your prescription is ready, set reminders to take your medications and view your list of prescription medications.
You must have an active prescription number available to register.
UPlan members in the Wellbeing Program can meet with a pharmacist.
Learn about Medication Therapy Management or call 612-624-7655 for an appointment.
University of Minnesota departments can order medications from Boynton Pharmacy.
Help protect our water and keep drugs off the street by disposing of your unused or expired medications at Boynton Pharmacy. No questions asked. Box located in Boynton Pharmacy, East Bank Clinic (near main entrance).
For more medication disposal locations, check the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy website.
EContra One-Step (generic Plan B) is available as an over-the-counter medication or with a prescription. When billed to your health insurance, the cost may be lower or completely covered. Ask pharmacist for details.
Call our Nurse Line at 612-625-7900 if you do not know what type of clinic you need. Calls answered 24/7.
- Prescription insurance card
- U Card or other current form of photo ID
- Form of payment to cover cost of medication or insurance co-payment
The Student Services Fee does not cover medications. Boynton Pharmacy accepts most credit cards, cash, personal checks and charges to your student account as payment. The pharmacy will also bill most insurance plans.
Patients should check with their individual health plans for coverage details.
Still have questions?
Questions about costs?