To protect you as well as our pharmacy staff during this pandemic, we are implementing major changes at Boynton Pharmacy. This is an ever-changing situation, scroll down for details.
Contact Boynton Pharmacy
East Bank Clinic
Clinic HoursM, T, W, F | 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Th | 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
COVID-19 Updates for Boynton Pharmacy
Boynton Pharmacy is still here for “U” during the COVID-19 pandemic and we are taking special measures for your well-being. We currently offer curbside pickup for prescriptions, over-the-counter products, and safer sex supplies. We also mail prescriptions.
Over the Counter Products
You can purchase over-the-counter products by calling us, 612-624-7655. View a selection of our products online.
- Call 612-624-7655 or use our RXLOCAL app to order a refill.
- Call or message us to set up your curbside or mailing preference and provide your pickup date/time or mailing info as well as your payment preference for your new prescription or refill.
Picking Up Prescriptions:
Before you arrive for curbside pickup let us know:
- How you would like to prepay your order (student account or credit card).
- If someone else is picking up your order.
- If you need any over-the-counter (OTC) items.
- If you do not currently receive an “Rx Ready” message or email when your prescription orders are ready.
When you arrive:
- Call our dedicated curbside pickup phone line (612-625-0042) and we will bring out your order.
- A picture ID will be required.
- Check your prescriptions before you leave to be sure you received what you expected.
Medication Consultations Via Telephone:
If you receive a new or changed prescription and we have not contacted you, please call 612-624-7655 during business hours and ask to speak to a pharmacist for a medication consultation.
Current Phone, Messaging and Pickup Hours:
M, T, W, F | 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Th | 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed Saturday, Sunday and University holidays.
Hours are subject to change if necessary in the future.
Pharmacy Services and Merchandise
Reorder your medication 24 hours a day by calling 612-624-7655.
Please have your prescription number available to access our automated refill line.
To transfer your prescription to Boynton, call 612-624-7655 with your name, birth date, student ID (if applicable), prescription number and the name and phone number of the pharmacy from which you are transferring the prescription. Please allow at least 24 hours for transfers.
- Allergy relief products
- Bike headlights, helmets, locks and vests
- Burt's Bees products
- Cough and cold products
- Dental products
- Emergency contraception
- Eye and ear care products
- First Aid products
- Personal hygiene products
- Safer sex supplies (free to students)
- Skin care products
- Smoking cessation products
- Travel products
- Yoga mats
Use the RxLocal patient portal to order prescription refills or view your list of prescription medications.
Download Boynton Pharmacy's Mobile App
Search for RxLocal on the App Store or Google Play. Order refills, get notified when your prescription is ready, set reminders to take your medications and view your list of prescription medications.
You must have an active prescription number available to register.
UPlan members in the Wellbeing Program can meet with a pharmacist.
Learn about Medication Therapy Management or call 612-624-7655 for an appointment.
University of Minnesota departments can order medications from Boynton Pharmacy.
Help protect our water and keep drugs off the street by disposing of your unused or expired medications at Boynton Pharmacy. No questions asked. Box located in Boynton Pharmacy, East Bank Clinic (near main entrance).
For more medication disposal locations, check the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy website.
EContra One-Step (generic Plan B) is available as an over-the-counter medication or with a prescription. When billed to your health insurance, the cost may be lower or completely covered. Ask pharmacist for details.
Call our Nurse Line at 612-625-7900 if you do not know what type of clinic you need. Calls answered 24/7.
- Prescription insurance card
- U Card or other current form of photo ID
- Form of payment to cover cost of medication or insurance co-payment
The Student Services Fee does not cover medications. Boynton Pharmacy accepts most credit cards, cash, personal checks and charges to your student account as payment. The pharmacy will also bill most insurance plans.
Patients should check with their individual health plans for coverage details.
Still have questions?
Questions about costs?