Back by "pup-ular" demand! Pet Away Worry & Stress in-person with therapy dogs.
About PAWS In-Person Sessions
PAWS in-person sessions take place on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. inside at Coffman Memorial Union’s (CMU) Great Hall.
Due to the COVID pandemic, health and safety precautions will be taken to provide the safest possible environment for visitors, staff, and the PAWS teams.
Here's What to Expect
- The morning of your appointment and before you leave home, please complete this COVID health screening.
- To allow for appropriate distancing, only five appointments can be scheduled for each 10-minute time slot. Each PAWS team will meet with only one student per 10-minute time slot. You may not bring a guest. Exceptions will be made for personal care attendants.
- Appointment times cannot be extended if you are late, and unfortunately, if you miss your scheduled appointment time, you must reschedule.
- PAWS in-person features dogs only, sorry no cats, chickens or other therapy animals at this time. Please do not bring food or any doggie treats.
- You will be randomly assigned to a PAWS team. You cannot make a selection when you arrive for your appointment.
- PAWS in-person will be held inside at Coffman Memorial Union’s (CMU) Great Hall. The only entrance to the event will be the doors off the food court area (south east side).
Finally, when you arrive, you must agree to the following or you will not be able to participate:
- Wear a mask/face covering at all times.
- Show the results of your COVID screening on your phone.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from all human participants at all times.
- Sanitize your hands before and after your PAWS appointment.
- Promptly leave your appointment at the end of 10 minutes.
- Only interact with your assigned PAWS team.