Yes, Quality Assurance has a new name! We are now the Compliance & Quality Assurance Team (or CQ Team for short, for those who like acronyms)! Why the change?
What is Quality Assurance?
Quality assurance (QA) is defined as “the maintenance of a desired level of quality in a service or product, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.” What that means is the process of ensuring an organization’s quality standards are being met. This involves the patient engagement process being monitored to make sure everything is carried out how it should be to ensure the highest quality of patient experience. There might be tests, assessments, and observations made to improve the quality through that process meaning a better standard is being strived for.
What is Compliance?
The definition of compliance is “the action or fact of complying with a wish or command.” In other words, if an authoritative body (Executive Leadership) sets some rules to abide by, the staff and organization need to stick to them when interacting with patients and visitors. It has to be made according to an order, set of rules, or request.
Compliance and quality go hand in hand. One simply cannot go without the other when we strive to provide the best service and care possible. Every single one of us plays a role in both compliance and quality every day we show up for work - every time we interact with our patients, their friends and families, vendors, and our colleagues.
Lastly, we are still one department with aligning goals; however, May Thao is our Compliance Director, and Lisa Montpetit is Quality Assurance Director, Beth Elliott-Thul is the Compliance and Quality Assurance Specialist and MaiXy Xiong is the Quality Assurance Coordinator.
If you have questions, you can reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org we would be happy to help!
- We are reviewing how we receive, report, and respond to incidents at Boynton Health
- Currently, there are many ways to report
- You may report through paper forms (located in the lunchroom)
- GoogleForm to submit staff feedback, reporting compliance issues only to
- Adverse incident report forms
We are about to have a better way for ALL of it!
Convercent is a new reporting tool that we are in the beginning process of implementing
- Convercent is a compliance tool that will allow for electronic, in-the-moment incident reporting (No more running paper forms to Compliance and Quality Assurance!)
- Staff feedback and so much more
- You can identify yourself and or remain anonymous!
- Call-in hotline will also be available as a reporting method (in multiple languages)
- You will still be able to fill out a form if you choose to
We are confident that this will change the way we report and make things simpler and more accessible to all staff! Stay tuned for more information!!
Lock Your Computer Campaign (LYC):
Many of you have seen May or Beth walking around the clinic looking at computers
- Maybe you have asked if they are looking for someone or need help
- Perhaps you have seen a sticky note that reads “Please Lock your Computer” or even better maybe a piece of chocolate has been left for you!*
Well, they have been doing a HIPAA security audit. These are all part of the Lock Your Computer (LYC) campaign. To mitigate HIPAA breaches, we ask everyone to lock their computer if they are not attending to it; even it is for a quick second.
Did you know that walking away from your computer and leaving it unlocked is a HIPAA violation? Please do your part and STOP & LOCK before you step away!
A few simple ways to lock your device on a PC (Windows) device:
- Click all three: CTRL+ALT+DEL”
- Window Symbol and letter “L”
* If we have missed you, or your area (if you are potentially in a secured area), PLEASE stop in and see us on the second floor! We would love to give you some chocolate to share with your team, and talk to you a bit about the importance of LYC!
AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care)
That’s right, accreditation is right around the corner with May 2022 set to be our next date for our survey! Committee chairs and committees will begin to see the specific standards that they are assigned, and we will begin making sure that all of our policies are up-to-date! We will be sure to share the exact dates for our survey when we have them!